Tuesday, May 22, 2012

FOLLOWUP: Harvey Persons' Veto Vote Post

As you may recall from my last post, I predicted that the Douglasville council members would overturn Harvey Person's veto for the Sunday Sales vote, (drum roll please)...I was right!  YES!  First prediction on the new blog comes true!  OK, it was a quite easy prediction to make, so I'm not really impressed either.  The council members also decided to overturn the other veto, which will go into effect May 26, which is to allow for pouring hours to be extended on Saturday night.  The Douglasville Patch does a MUCH better job of expounding upon this than I am going to attempt.

Now, we only have to wait another 3 years to find out if my other prediction, that Persons will not serve a second term, will come true.  I'm sure you're all about to explode with anticipation.  

Oh...and in a completely unrelated...but fun to imply relation...the pictures from Harvey Persons' accident...in a parking lot...with a pole...from February...have been released.  

No comments:

Post a Comment